Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Michael and Sarah - You both brought up ideas that I think I need to consider for my own essay. During Michael's presentation I realized I probably need to talk about chess for at least a little bit. I am relating organic synthesis to the construction of order and meaning from some of these texts, and I forgot that synthesis is often likened to chess. I liked Sarah's idea that multiple layers exist in Pale Fire. I kind of wish I had thought of that, but oh well. It ties in nicely with the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, which I was going to talk about a little bit when talking about the Schrodinger's cat thought experiment.

Madeline - The guy tapping on the windows must like you a lot. Or he owed you a big favor. I would have been really embarrassed to be standing outside a random building, tapping madly on the windows while a bunch of people inside a dark room were screaming and shouting. I thought your presentation was a little frantic, but I don't know anything about The Tempest at all, so I might just be applying my experience falsely onto your presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment